Saturday, November 04, 2006

“Pause Button”

Do you ever wish sometimes in life you could hit the pause button and stop everything? It was one of those weeks for me. I just need to slow everything down. I am in the middle of reading this book on pray entitled “Too Busy Not to Pray” by Bill Hybels. It has really made me think that I need to slow life down. So this week I have tried to slow life down a bit. I had a few talks with people who feel the same way; life feels like it is going 1000 miles an hour. Thursday at band practice for Sunday worship, we decided as a worship team the four people that were there, would slow life a bit and spent the time praying instead. It was a great time I believe we all need it! After leaving there I wished I had a pause button to push everyday and do that. When thinking about slowing life down I was drawn to the Bible.

"Step out of the traffic! Take a long,
loving look at me, your High God,
above politics, above everything." (Ps. 46:10 MSG)

I like how is says step out of the traffic. We need to pause life, and take a long loving look at God. We need to hit the pause button and look at God to hear what He wants to say us. He is above everything and I need to look to Him.

So will you hit the pause today and look to God? I know I will and more than once a week.

Thanks
Howden Matt Howden

4 comments:

Barrett said...

Hello Hello
Another very true blog. i feel liek that all the time, where the world is just whizing by you and you just need to slow down take some time and think. make shure you got everything going the way you want it to.
barrett

Jade Kenyamanyara said...

matt,
great blog....completely true!! especially lately for me..what a timely word!!! GOd knew i needed to hear that today. - thanks for posting. my family is here safe and sound and doing well..and everything is great!! - but crazy!
hope all is well at home.
-jade

Anonymous said...

heyy matty!!
wel another amazingly true blog. just what i needed. gotta love how GOd works eh? my computer hasnt been working all day here...and the one time it works i get just what i need. i lvoe it!! check out my blog too matty...i have all the stuff i am doing in africa posted!! check it out if you want
mcuh love
-abey<3

Jonas said...

why am i not in your links? http:/minutesformemories.blogspot.com

CMON BROZEF!!!

Nice post!