Friday, October 06, 2006

The Choice is Yours...

I know this blog is later than I said I would put them up on Saturdays. But I want you to know that I will be returning to the Saturday blogs tomorrow. Wow two blogs in two days that is crazy I know. But I hope you will enjoy them.

This blog is all about choices, this is what we talked about Rainstorm last Friday night. This was not my week to do the talk at Rainstorm, but I liked what we talked about so I thought I would write about it. And I have really been thinking about choices. I have made in the past. And I thought it would be good for people read about.

We make choices everyday. We choose what we will wear, what we do for the day, how we will treat people that day, what we will talk about that day, what will watch on TV that day, what we listen to. We have a lot of choices in life. As young people we more choices which we talked about at Rainstorm last week. There are: Studying or hanging out with friends? How to spend your free time? How to spend your money? Which friends to hang out with? What clothes to wear? What movies to watch or not watch? Who to date (or whether to date)? Choosing your course?

With some more chooses in life. I something have difficulty making up my mind, on what to do sometimes. I also feel I have too many choices in my life? Sometimes I do not consider the consequences of the decisions I make before making them. I often change my mind after I have made a decision, because I think I did not make the right. Even if I know it is the right one.

The Bible tells a story of a guy named Joshua and he was infront of some people, and he asked them to make a choice. He said "Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24:14-15)

He gave them the choice to follow the gods of their forefathers or to follow the LORD. This is a choice that is still being asked to us today. Will we follow some other gods or will we serve and follow the LORD. This is another choice we have in life.

So with this choice is one we need to make. If you would to talk about follow this LORD more, let me know and I will talk to you about.

Next blog coming tomorrow. This one is entitled "The Power of the Ask"

Thanks
Howden Matt Howden

No comments: